Thursday, September 25, 2014

5 Thanksgiving Recipes for Your Table



Thanksgiving is only a couple of weeks away, how the heck did that happen? Weren't we JUST celebrating Canada Day? I offered to host my family for Thanksgiving this year. If everyone comes we'll be about 30 people. I've done it before, and I enjoy cooking for a crowd. If you're hosting this year and are looking for some ideas, I've got a few!

Small family? You can always just roast a turkey breast instead of a whole bird. This Oven Roasted Turkey breast is basted in thyme, butter and wine.... *drool*


Tired of traditional mashed potatoes beside your turkey? Why not try these French Onion Scalloped Potatoes? Your guests will be pleasantly surprised!



My family is French Canadian so we don't have ANY holiday meal without a Tortiere. This Tradtional Beef Tortiere looks easy and if you;ve never had a tortiere you HAVE to try it! 



Everyone knows pumpkin pie comes at the end of any Thanksgiving meal, but why not try this gorgeous white Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Tart this year too? I have a serious Pecan addiction this year.



And lastly, leftovers.  Leftovers can be as delicious, if not more so, than the original meal. I love turning leftover turkey into soup. This Southwestern Turkey Soup looks hearty and spicy!


Happy Eating!... I mean Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment