Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Apple Nut Sticky Buns



It's September, September means the return of my beloved book club meetings! Hallelujah! Coffee, chat, books and treats. What could be better? Our first book of the year is The Five Love Languages for Children. Interesting read, not sure I subscribe to the theory 100% but I definitely see how my kids respond differently to different expressons of love. But I digress, let's talk about the most important part of book club... the treats!

I'm usually the baker in the group (they're my guinea pigs) and I like to bring something new every week. I was checking out lifemadedelicious.ca the day before our first meeting and I saw these Apple Walnut Sticky Buns and I knew I had to try them! I substituted pecans for the walnuts because that's what I had in my baking pantry.

The ladies loved them and they were really quick and easy which was nice because I don't have a lot of time in the morning to bake while getting 4 kids ready and out the door for school. These would be a great lazy Sunday breakfast too. 

Apple Nut Sticky Buns

2 tbsp (25 mL) butter, softened
1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes

3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped walnuts or pecans

1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar

1 can Pillsbury Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls with Icing 
Instructions:
1. Heat oven to 375ºF. Generously butter 8 regular muffin cups with softened butter. 
2. In bowl, mix apples, nuts and brown sugar; divide evenly among muffin cups. Separate cinnamon rolls; reserve icing. Place 1 cinnamon roll in each cup.  
3. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Place baking sheet upside down over muffin pan; turn over. Remove pan. 
4. Remove lid from icing; microwave on Medium (50%) 5 to 10 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over warm buns. Serve warm.
Please read my Disclosure Page to learn more about my relationship with General Mills Canada. 

No comments:

Post a Comment